1. Playing a musical instrument allows you to express your creative self.
2. Playing a musical instrument allows you to enjoy the beautiful sound of the music from an instrument of your choice.
3. Playing a musical instrument allows you to do something challenging and get the satisfaction of achievement.
4. Playing a musical instrument allows you to have a hobby that you can do by yourself at anytime you have a spare moment and are looking for something to do.
5. Playing a musical instrument allows you to do something that makes you feel good and it will also help you to relax.
6. Playing a musical instrument can put you in a better mood when you feel sad or depressed. Music can take your mind off other problems and put you in a better mood.
7. Playing a musical instrument stimulates the mind more than watching TV (for one example).
8. Playing a musical instrument allows you to learn something new and exciting.
9. Music is limitless and refreshing because of the various ways a song can be played in most styles.
10. There are many things you can buy to expand your interest and what you can do in music. Some instruments offer more possibilities than others.
11. Your ability to play music can develop envy and respect from other people who admire your achievements.
12. Music lessons can be enjoyed by almost anybody from age five on through the very late years in life; barring a serious, permanent mental or physical handicap.
13. You can play an instrument on good or bad weather days, when you are bored, if your friends are not around and when other forms of entertainment are not appealing to you. You will always have an activity when you are looking for something to do. This urge came over me throughout my life. It was always a relief not to have to do something that was not as rewarding. If you watch sports, your team will loose a good percent of the time. This would leave me feeling disappointed. When I finish playing one of my instruments, I don’t have the feeling of remorse that I would have watching my teams play and loose. Now I only read about how my teams do in the paper, due to getting a higher reward from playing my instruments.
14. There have been many studies and reports that starting to play a musical instrument at an early age has been shown to improve a student's grades in future years.
15. There have been several reports showing that older people who play musical instruments and involve themselves in other complex mental activities will delay the onset of diminished mental capacity. One states that watching TV is like putting your brain in neutral and does not challenge your mind.
16. You can play music at your parties, religious gatherings and holidays. Music can make these affairs a lot more fun.
17. Music is universal because it is played similarly in most of the world. The main thing that changes is the lyrics which would be written in a different language. Music can be a common bond that can be enjoyed with other musicians who do not even share the same spoken language.
18. Music can be a lifetime of fun and entertainment, so the sooner you start, the sooner you will enjoy it.
This is my wish for you